Data Engineer - Data & Integration at Haven Technologies (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Haven Technologies is a new quote-to-claim insurtech platform for the life, disability and annuities industries that allows carriers to leverage our innovative platform as their own. Through our SaaS model, our solutions, including new business, in-force management and product development, are available to everyone.
We believe in making life better, together. Our time-tested, purpose-built technology has already delighted customers through digital experiences, transformed complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launched new products with speed to help more people access life insurance. Don’t take our word for it, hear directly from our team.
But Haven Technologies is not just about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Experience with web development is a plus, although more important to us is real programming experience and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in the completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as: developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module, creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications, defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer-facing components for taking new business applications. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a developer in a data-centric application environment
- Involvement in development, testing, and deployment of data integration projects
- A solid grounding in data-driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems, structured and unstructured data, enterprise data frameworks)
- Extensive experience with diverse systems integration paradigms including nightly batch, intra-day incremental data loading, and near-real-time interfaces
- Experience with production support, troubleshooting, and batch/interface optimization
- Implementation of data quality and reconciliation processes across complex systems
- Proficiency with ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica, and/or AbInitio; extensive experience of SQL and query evaluation & optimization
- Master the DB development with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS (stored proc, trigger etc.)
- Hands-on experience on GraphDB (Neo4j) and Cypher or GraphQL query language
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences and varying degrees of technical knowledge
- BA/BS degree in CS or equivalent major
- Self-starter and self-motivated team player
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Experience with Informatica, AbInitio
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Working experience of AWS Cloud and EKS Kubernetes framework
- Experience in multi-platform websites (desktop, mobile)
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Experience with, node, meteor, and/or angular frameworks a plus
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, a flexible hybrid work schedule, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#6 Best Workplaces in New York) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.