Data Engineer (Engineer II) at Namely
Do you have a passion for building data architectures that enable smooth and seamless product experiences? Are you an all-around data enthusiast with a knack for ETL? At Namely, we're hiring a Data Engineer to help build data pipelines for our analytics product.
We’ve built a strong data engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Build more complex data sources to integrate and curate for analytics
- Build more insightful dashboards containing tactical reports and strategic analytics
- Build real-time data pipelines and reports into workflows in our product
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career!
This role is open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.Responsibilities
- Build our next generation data pipelines for our data warehouse
- Build real-time data pipelines on our event stream platform
- Translate user requirements for reporting and analysis into actionable deliverables
- Enhance automation, operation, and expansion of real-time and batch data environment
- Extract, transform, and load complex data into the data warehouse using cutting-edge technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Research, or related field required
- 4+ years of experience building data pipelines
- Fluency in Scala or Python
- Fluency in SQL
- Familiarity with Apache Spark
- Familiarity with streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, Flink)
- Experience with creating microservices
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Looker a plus
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namelyAbout Namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.