Grubhub is all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We are looking for data engineers to help us expand and improve our big data and machine learning pipelines powering Grubhub's restaurant supply growth. You will work with smart, humble, and committed colleagues to create innovative, robust, automated solutions for Grubhub's three-way marketplace. This is an unbeatable opportunity for data engineers who hope to work on and deliver world-class data products in a friendly and fun environment.
The Impact You Will Make
- Work with high volumes of data and distributed systems using technologies such as Amazon Redshift, AWS S3, Azkaban, Presto etc.
- Create and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Comfortable in occasional client discussions that may benefit from their presence
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong data engineering architecture, development practices, and new technologies.
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation while continuously delivering technical solutions and business impacts.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, data modeling, and patterns.
- 3+ years experience with Python or similar programming language
- Experience architecting and building data pipelines and optimizing them for speed (of imports, exports, and queries) and reliability.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working for a fast-paced, product-development team
Got These? Even Better
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate and share data insights with different stakeholders.
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Exposure to Amazon AWS or another cloud provider
- Growth mindset
- Be passionate about continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 hour on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.