Data Engineer II at Grubhub
Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
As part of the Experiment Reporting team you will partner with a diverse team of experts across technology, business, and data science to scale and support our in-house experimentation platform, maintain existing data pipelines, and ensure high quality data underlies decision making that affects the trajectory of the entire company.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer with a passion for working with massive datasets at scale. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, from architecting scalable pipelines for ingesting, aggregating, and summarizing experiment data to supporting internal tooling for assessing the health of the platform. You will play a crucial role in advancing a robust and scalable platform, and will have the opportunity to set the direction for how to evolve the solution in the future.
The Impact You Will Make
- Build and design performant data and analytical pipelines that unify a diverse set of experiment types under a single reporting framework
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams on complex problems and provide detailed technical solutions
- Partner with data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders to translate ideas into resilient and scalable software
- Contribute to the full development lifecycle of projects, and elevate team performance by participating in code reviews, promoting best practices, and identifying process improvements
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field, or relevant equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience building "big data" pipelines in distributed frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, Dask
- 3+ years experience with Python
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud-based offerings
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with feature engineering and data analytics pipelines
- Bonus: Familiarity with A/B testing, statistical analyses, regression modeling
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster . If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]