Data Engineer III (Remote, US) at Bombora
Bombora provides a global B2B intent platform powered by the world’s largest publisher data co-op. Our data allows sales teams to base their actions on the knowledge of which companies are in-market for their products and empowers marketing teams to practice #SustainableMarketing. We process billions of content interactions daily to detect intent signals from companies around the world.
Bombora is growing and we need you to help us succeed!
As a Data Engineer, you will join our Data Engineering team, working alongside our data scientists and machine learning engineers to support Bombora R&D’s mission to design, develop and maintain our world class B2B DaaS products, leveraging machine intelligence and web-content consumption data at-scale.
- Create and refine bounded (batch) and unbounded (streaming) ETL and ML data pipelines that comprise our production systems.
- Advance development and integration of our major analytics and ML codebases using modern and rigorous software engineering principles.
- Develop applications, libraries and workflows with Python, Java, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, and Apache Airflow.
- Design and implement systems that run at scale on Google’s Dataproc, Dataflow, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, and BigQuery platforms; and implement algorithms and machine learning operations, at-scale, using SciPy, PySpark, Spark Streaming, and MLBase libraries.
- Employ test-driven development, performance benchmarking, rapid release schedule, and continuous integration.
- Mentor and advance the development of your colleagues
- Participate in daily stand-ups, story planning, reviews, retrospectives, and the occasional outings to nearby local cuisine and / or culture.
- 5+ years of real-world development experience and 2+ years of experience with cloud and/or big-data platform (GCP experience preferred).
- Language Fluency in Java / Python
- The ability to leverage data to understand systems.
- An understanding of how to have great impact with TDD and agile methodologies in software
- Creativity, pragmatism, curiosity, and a good sense of humor
- Working knowledge of: Algorithms/Data Structures/Design patterns, Functional Programming, Databases (relational and non-relational), Data Processing at scale, and Build and Release Toolchains
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health / Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation / Paid Holidays
- Education / Tuition Assistance
- 401K / Match
- Generous Parental Leave
- On Demand Learning (Udemy)
- Team Lunches / Outings /Events (Yes! We found a way to do virtually!)
- Offices (for when you want one)
At Bombora, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Bombora is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Employment offers are contingent upon completion of successful background checks.