Data Engineer, Infrastructure at Peloton
Data Engineer, Data Infrastructure
At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process. The mission of the Data Infrastructure team under the Financial department is to provide and maintain a centralized set of core data infrastructure, tools and standards that empowers and enables decentralized teams to accelerate their ability to safely use data to generate actionable insights and product features. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3) optimize for data productivity.
Peloton is a cloud first engineering organization with all of our data infrastructure in AWS leveraging Airflow, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, EMR, AWS Glue, Redshift, S3, Spark. You will be interacting with many business teams including marketing, sales, supply chain, logistics, finance and partner to scale Peloton’s data infrastructure for future strategic needs.
- Understand end to end data interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation.
- Building and managing data infrastructure components where our data services can process terabytes of data daily and support all of the analytics, business intelligence, data science and reporting data needs across the organization.
- Working closely with our data services users or developers, understand their pain points and improve their productivity by implementing tools.
- 3+ years of related experience in data engineering.
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS and with tools like Kafka, Glue, Athena, RDS, Redshift, Data Lake Formation.
- Experience with Airflow and Kubernetes or other orchestration framework.
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Familiar with at least one of the programming languages: Python, Java.
- Familiar with Linux operating system and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of databases, such as PostgreSQL and Redshift.
- Good communication, adaptability, and collaboration skills.
- Experience with GIT and Github.
- Experience with JIRA, SCRUM and running Agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Jenkins, Chef or other CI/CD tools.
- Experience with Spark or other Hadoop ecosystems.
- Experience with Delta Lake, Apache Flink/Hudi or other data lake solution.
- Experience with DBT.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.