Data Engineer, Internal
Greater NYC Area
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
In partnership with product engineering leaders and data end users, Data Engineers are responsible for building out Palantir's internal data infrastructure, iterating on data pipeline improvements, and measuring their impact across Palantir. Data Engineers are given direct ownership of key areas of focus for Palantir's business, and delivering meaningful outcomes is their primary measure of success. Our internal data customers span the company and work across numerous business areas and teams, including: business development, product development, human resources, finance, and security.
In addition to developing reliable data pipelines for our end users, Data Engineers are also responsible for providing timely, data-driven, and actionable feedback to the engineering teams that build Palantir's next generation data platform. This feedback is crucial for Product Development teams to improve workflows and performance.
You will be an engineer.
You will write code to transform noisy real-world data into high-signal models that stand the test of time.
You will be an archeologist.
You will excavate the hidden insights in Palantir's internal data that will accelerate our business strategy. At your fingertips is Palantir's cutting-edge data management, integration, and analytical platform; you'll work to eliminate common data management obstacles such as data duplication, questionable data provenance, and fragmented collaboration.
You will be an entrepreneur.
You will come to understand the nature of how Palantir operates, and proactively identify new areas of investment for the business.
You will be an expert.
You will be an expert on the breadth of Palantir product offerings, and come to learn the ins and outs of the Palantir platform to drive best in class methods for ingestion, structure, and transformation.
What We Value
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- A background in science or engineering, especially in fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, data modeling, and other technical tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to consistently revise your approach in response to new information.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Java, or similar languages.
- Familiarity with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience working with a cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCE)
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as HashiCorp offerings
- Previous experience with advanced analytics, such as data science or other business analysis
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Read Full Job Description