Data Engineer - Marketing Applications at Squarespace
The Marketing Applications team writes pipelines that helps Marketing understand who our customers are and how we can provide high-quality information to different groups of users.
You'll be part of a team focused on writing pipelines and applications that power our email marketing and analytics. You will report to the Internal Applications Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build end-to-end data pipelines, consuming from a variety of sources
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, and make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions.
- Help guide the team towards data best practices, and mentor teammates.
- Build processes to make pipeline implementations faster, simpler, and less error-prone for product engineers
- Maintain monitoring and test coverage to ensure reliability of our data sets
- Experience with end-to-end ETL work using Python and SQL
- Experience making large datasets accessible
- Experience with compute frameworks and job orchestration systems
- A sincere commitment to creating readable, reliable, and well tested code
- BS in Computer Science, or related or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.