Data Engineer - New York Hub at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs bring critical medicine and therapies to the patients that need them. Our enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our New York City office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
As a Data Engineer on the New York Analytics engineering team, you will be a core contributor in building out next-generation systems and processes that allow us to ingest advertising data and prepare it for health analytics at an ever-increasing scale.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of major subsystems, and work in collaboration with your peers and the wider engineering organization.
What You'll Do
- Handle and provide feedback on ad-hoc data loads for experimental/pre-contract advertising feeds before implementing in our proprietary ingest platform.
- Assist other Data Engineers with complex, large, and time-sensitive data tasks across a modern and evolving technology stack.
- Work with Software Engineers to migrate custom and one-off implementations into code, collaborating on feature and functionality required with product managers.
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions that impact the data and cloud computing domains, in particular on AWS.
- Provide technical guidance and support to members of other teams across the company in your areas of expertise.
- Actively work to develop technical and soft skills through training, event attendance, accreditation, and industry knowledge.
- 2+ years of hands-on, directly relevant, Data Engineering experience.
- Technically proficient in: Python, Relational Databases / SQL, Redshift or another MPP Data Warehouse, Linux
- Experience designing and implementing systems using modern frameworks for ELT/ETL such as Apache Airflow.
- Experience using AWS Database and Big Data tools – primarily we are interested in Redshift, RDS (MySQL & Postgres), and EMR.
- College degree in Computer Science, Math, Systems Engineering or a similar technical field.
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Nice to Have
- Proficiency some of the following technologies: Additional Languages: Java, Scala, Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, AWS: S3, RDS, Lambda, EC2, EKS, VPC, SQL, SNS, ELB, CloudFront, Implementation of a Data Lake / Lakehouse design paradigm
- AWS Associate Architect or Developer certification. Professional or Specialty is a big advantage.
Perks & Benefits
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and close to several major transportation hubs.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement.
- Allocation for continuous learning and development.
- Private roof deck and flexible working space.
- Weekly happy hours and other social activities.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.