Data Engineer (Python) at Alloy
We’re the leading provider of digital identity management and transaction fraud detection. We support innovative FinTech companies and top tier banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s API enables its clients to access over 50 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others. We are well-positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals who can help take us to the next level!Why we’re hiring
Alloy is rapidly growing and seeking a Data Engineer. As a member of the Data team, you’ll help make our products more intelligent, and help our clients defeat fraud rings and financial criminals. You’ll get to work with a modern tech and data science stack - Postgres, Python (pandas, scikit-learn, jupyter), AWS, Node, React - that values collaboration, working reproducibly, and the craft of good software engineering practices. You’ll be a valued member of a friendly and experienced engineering team, working closely with backend and frontend engineers. Our data team's culture values curiosity, learning, connecting data to Alloy's strategy, open source tools, rigor, and a spirit of relentless resourcefulness.
If you are analytical, good at tackling big, complex questions, and like the pace and career growth opportunities afforded by working at a fast-growing early stage startup, then we'd like to meet you!What you’ll be doing
As a Data Engineer at Alloy, you'll:
- Map client data from different financial processing systems to canonical data model
- Organizing ETL codebase to be easily implement new clients with financial processing systems we have seen before focusing on templating and reusability
- Building testing
- Help define data models, i.e., assessing data schemas, metadata, and schema migrations
- Work closely with engineering team and other data team members
- Work with clients to understand their needs
- Provide architecture suggestions for new infrastructure as product scales, focusing on faster implementation and benchmarking/improving ETL run times
- Data validation- validating data types, looking for missingness, and identifying key relationships
- Monitoring / alerting
- Work with engineering to resolve technical challenges of DB inserts or batch jobs
Reporting to the Director of Data, a successful applicant will likely have these skills.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- SQL / relational databases
- Python (pandas, numpy, boto)
- AWS S3, Lambda
- Postgres experience
Nice to have:
- Data warehousing experience
- BI experience, e.g. with Looker or Sisense
- Experience with streaming data
- API experience (postman, python requests)
- Data science / machine learning experience is a plus
- Finance experience
- Startup experience
- Majored in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or Machine Learning
In addition to prior experience, we strongly value candidates who are curious, humble, quick learners, and strong communicators. Having strong organizational and prioritization skills will help you navigate the changes in company structure, product strategy and mix of job responsibilities that are inherent to a growing startup.
We are a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and we are remote until 2021*
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Weekly lunch allowance on Seamless
- Contribution to Lifetime, NYSC, or ClassPass
- Four Free Therapy Sessions
Apply right here! You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.