Data Engineer, Social Integrations
About the Company
DV is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality and audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DV solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Headquartered in New York City, DoubleVerify’s investors include JMI Equity, Institutional Venture Partners, Blumberg Capital, First Round Capital, and Genacast Ventures. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
As a Data Engineer, you will be designing and implementing systems that crunch and process billions of records a day and make them available in DoubleVerify’s analytics platform, helping our clients to make smarter decisions that continuously improve their ad-impression quality.
What do you do?
- Develop ETL processes that process billions of records a day efficiently
- Build scalable infrastructure for stream processing as well as batch jobs
- Perform Data Analysis and ensure integrity through automated validation processes
- Optimize processes run-time and solving problems in a scalable manner
- Take full ownership of designing, building, and deployment of data products
- Analyze data to test the correctness and effectiveness of ETL processes by automation and monitoring tools
Who you are?
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines
- You have hands-on development experience in python and Scala
- You have a genuine desire to automate processes and workflows
- You have experience working with Kafka. Confluent platform (Kafka Connect, Schema Registry)
- You have experience in one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- You have outstanding SQL query writing abilities and data understanding
- You have B.S/M.S in Computer Science or a related field
- You have proven hands-on experience in data applications development (ETL, MR) at scale in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- You have excellent communication skills and a team player
- You have experience with Vertica or other columnar data stores
- You have hands-on experience with Spark Streaming or other live stream processing technology
- You have worked with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud environments
- You have worked with Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in AdTech Domain