Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will help to define our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
About the Role
At Spring Health we believe that data-driven technology and decision making is a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken system. We are looking for an experienced Sr Data Engineer who cares about impact, ownership, cross-functional projects, and mentorship.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be part of a team of innovative engineers working on core pieces of our data infrastructure, pipelines, and data services underlying our product
- Lead and contribute to the code, systems and integrations
- Work on implementing and designing a data warehouse for all data use cases
- Work with stakeholders on requirements and solutions for data pipelines and data views
- Partner with Data Engineering and other stakeholders to improve our data platform
- Work with data scientists on the team when you discover game-changing opportunities for larger modeling and machine learning projects
What we expect from you:
- Ability to write high-quality code in Python (or related languages) and a track record of shipping impactful data projects
- Experience in building fault-tolerant data pipelines with logging, alerting and data validation that goes beyond simple scripting
- Experience implementing and designing data warehouses using MPP databases such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery
- Ability to build data models using SQL for business analysts to consume with a data governance focus
- Data visualization experience a plus such as Tableau, Looker
- Experience working with highly sensitive data in a healthcare environment
- A track record of making quality vs. deadline tradeoffs in fast paced environments
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and buy-in within the team
- Organizational skills and the ability to simplify complex problems and prioritize what matters most for the sake of the team and the business
- Experience applying data and analytics concepts to business problems cross-functionally
- Proven success in partnering with and explaining data and analytics concepts to non-technical team members at any level of seniority
- Humble, scrappy, highly motivated, and thrive in fast-paced environments
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.