Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread has enormous and engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, and approve and price credit while providing a beautiful and frictionless consumer experience, all in real time. Our Engineering team plays a critical role in allowing us to grow our business and the success of our brand partners.
We are looking to hire Data Engineers to join our team. This person will:
- Work with our product engineering team to optimize database usage
- Work with our operations team on capacity planning, game days and disaster recovery
- Work with our analytics team to establish a data warehouse
- Work with our devops team to automate deployment and database migrations
- Be responsible for alerting, monitoring and keeping the lights on for our database layer
- Expert knowledge of postgres in highly scaled environments
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- Experience with chef automation
- A passion for engineering and technology
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a continuous deployment environment
- Knowledge of financial products
- Experience with Go/Rabbit/Redis
As Engineering is core to our business, we believe strongly in the value of continuous investment in the overall health and quality of our technology. One way we do this is via Working Groups. Working Groups are quarterly teams of engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their primary engineering team. Working Groups have included such areas as Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community; Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring. Groups meet regularly to plan and own their roadmap and implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and over time potentially lead a group for that quarter.