Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Our Analytics team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our small but growing data & analytics team. You’ll partner with the rest of the team, business stakeholders and our broader engineering team to design, build and scale our quickly expanding analytics platform. You’ll lead the development of efficient and scalable data pipelines and extensible data models in order to make data at Paxos more accurate, accessible and actionable. You’ll work closely with partners to identify new use-cases for and sources of data to drive decision-making across the organization. Collaborating across disciplines, you will identify internal/external data sources to design and implement new data models & table structures, data products, ELT strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines. We’ve recently redesigned our analytics stack using technologies like Terraform, S3, Snowflake, DBT & Looker. There is a lot of opportunity for you to help shape how we use data at Paxos as we continue to evolve this platform.
As a Data Engineer, you'll get to:
- Improve Paxos’s products and decision-making by crafting, growing and optimizing our data and data architecture.
- Partner with engineering, the rest of the data org and cross-functional partners to understand data needs.
- Design, build and maintain efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across a number of environments and platforms
- Ensure data access and segregation aligns to relevant data policies
- Work with data and cross-functional partners to automate manual ingestion processes and optimize data delivery
- Educate your partners: Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing logging and processes.
- Design and implement data unit tests on pipelines, ensuring accurate data reaches end users at all times
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas
- Become an advocate for data and data tooling within Paxos - make recommendations for new datasets, tools, analyses to further the data team and Paxos’s missions.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- 1+ years of experience with workflow management engines (i.e. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M, Azkaban)
- 1+ years experience with Data Modeling
- Experience analyzing data to discover opportunities and address gaps
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics platforms (i.e., Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, Netezza, Teradata or similar)
You might also have:
- Experience with more than one coding language
- Design and implementation of real-time pipelines
- Experience with data quality and validation
- SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection.
- Experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow.
- Experience with Airflow
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.