If you’re someone who is passionate about data, seeks out complex data problems, and wants to help build a new and exciting platform, you should consider joining our team as a Data Engineer. IEX is building a big data platform to tackle specialized data problems with high-performance cloud technology to help achieve our mission of creating fairer financial markets. We’re currently looking for a strong Data Engineer who can develop creative and scalable solutions to marshal unstructured data. This person will have the opportunity to play a key role on a brand new venture and work directly with the traders at the world’s largest hedge funds and asset managers.
If you’re up for working in a fast-paced environment and with a small and highly-collaborative FinTech team changing Wall Street for the better – join us!
- Self-starter with the capability of executing on projects independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills to distill clear ideas to traders and non-technical audiences
What you’ll do:
- Work with complex financial data sets
- Design flexible applications to normalize unstructured data
- Validate data accuracy and map content to a proprietary database
- Work closely with our tech and analytics teams to solve new data problems
- Conduct self-directed research to enhance product capabilities and generate new content and ideas for traders
- Programming and database experience
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manipulate large data sets
- Experience as a data engineer
- Experience normalizing complex data sets at scale
- Nice to haves
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Python, numpy, and pandas programming experience
- Understanding of financial products and equities
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.