Bicycles are two hundred years old, but bike sharing is brand new. The missing piece was the mobile, cloud, and IoT technology necessary to tie the whole thing together. At Motivate, we are building that technology. We design our own bicycles, hardware, and every component of our software stack to provide the most fun, healthy, and green mode of urban transportation for the 21st century.
We have partnerships with Fortune 500 companies and the biggest cities in North America, both of whom believe in our vision and our ability to execute. Our revenue, headcount, and number of bikes under management are all increasing rapidly. Join us, and help build the future of transportation.
About the Job
Data is at the core of everything we do. We have a distributed network of bikes, stations and apps which are constantly generating outputs. We synthesize this data to make decisions about every aspect of our organization: marketing and growth, bike availability and demand management, supply chain optimization, identifying hardware issues, and fraud prevention.
We are hiring our first dedicated Data Engineer to centralize our data pipelines in one place and produce robust high performance infrastructure for generating actionable information. The consumers of this data will be business analysts and data scientists across the organization, whose improved access to standardized data will make them more effective at guiding our decisions.
This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on the data infrastructure of a unique organization with an important purpose and lots of interesting challenges. The work that you do here will determine the processes and culture around data for a long time to come.
- You have 4+ years experience working with data infrastructure
- You are experienced with data cleaning, ETLs, and data warehousing
- You have an expert knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure best practices
- You are knowledgable of data protection laws
- You have extensive knowledge of modern data science tools and techniques
- You have a belief in the importance of redundancy, testing, automation, and alerting
- You have self-direction and ability to juggle competing priorities
- You have experience working with high volume, event-based infrastructure
- You are an expert in Python
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, and is located in Brooklyn, NY.