Data Engineer at Knotel
Knotel is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to build data products that will help inform better business decisions. Data is at the core of what we do. It is how we get insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital products. In this role, the Data Engineer will set the vision and build our data infrastructure that will scale with us as we continue to grow. He/she will own back-end systems and will be responsible for design, development, and evolution of architecture going forward.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop dimensional data models and schema designs (OLTP, OLAP)
- Design and develop robust data processing pipelines
- Build APIs that allow us to access the right information faster across the Knotel infrastructure
- Build and maintain large-scale data infrastructure
- Create data tools for Analytics and Data Science
- Partner closely with product to contribute to the Data Product roadmap
- Work across multiple team in high visibility roles and own solutions end to end
Who You Are
You’re passionate about data. You apply quantitative information to solve business challenges. You know how to design, build, and manage modern back-end architecture (microservices, etc.). Listening and collaboration are core competencies, and you excel when working closely with Product Management, Analytics, and other internal stakeholders. In addition to maintaining a robust/resilient system, you ship high quality code on time. You also have the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years developing data processing infrastructure in an Agile environment
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles
- Experience developing design rationale of databases through conceptual, logical, and physical modeling
- Diverse development experience across database types (relational, NoSQL, graph)
- Expert proficiency in SQL and Python and/or Scala; significant experience in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance (Airflow, DBT, Luigi)
- Experience developing data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience developing internal and external APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks (React)
- Familiarity with IOT, streaming frameworks (Spark, Kafka, MQTT), and time series databases
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.