Healthcare is broken come help us fix it! We need people who can assemble the fragmented pieces and reduce the complexity. Come help us solve hard problems and build a health insurance company from scratch! As an insurer, we have unique insight into the flow of information through the healthcare system.
Oscar’s data team is responsible for ensuring that we leverage this unique informational advantage throughout our organization. From disease modeling to risk management to provider contracting to consumer transparency, we want to use data and analytics to change the way the healthcare system works.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage the Google Cloud Platform in building out the Analytics ecosystem
- Connect more data sources robustly and via low latencies
- Contribute to surfacing and visualizing our data
- You rise to the challenge of uncharted territory
- You find a balance between what is needed now and what will be needed later
- You like to fill the void that can sometimes emerge between business and tech
- You are a power user and like to teach others how to become such
- Proficient in Python & SQL
- Experience with XML, JSON, Data Serialization a plus
- Creating systems in a technologically heterogeneous environment
- You’ve been on both the business and engineering sides of issues before
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.