Data Engineer at WeWork Technology
At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together and it is the only way we make decisions.
As a Data Engineer focused on Data Modeling in the Engagement Mission, you will build robust ETL pipelines and data models which power the products that foster connections between our members and the things that make them happier & more successful.
You will work closely with other engineers, analysts and product managers to evolve WeWork’s member experience by delivering technology that allows us to create intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities in all of our spaces.
Who you are:
You're a data engineer with extensive experience designing, implementing data solutions for various business challenges, and leading database and data warehousing initiatives.
You're motivated to enable and collaboration with engineering, data science, machine learning, and product teams to tackle the most challenging business needs of a hyper-growth business.
- Build well-structured data models, using the right tool for the job
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Provide analysts and data scientists with technical support related to data modeling
- Work closely with infrastructure teams on design and implementation of data solutions
- Work with various team and executive stakeholders to define mission-critical metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Drive training on metrics and self-service data platforms to enable a stronger data culture
- Own and provide BI development tools for internal use
- Help implement and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary
We are after individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have a great track record. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, you should have:
- 5+ years functional experience in a data engineering or business intelligence role
- Proficient in data modeling and systems design skills
- Proficient in any flavor of SQL
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ideally Python)
- Experience building and maintaining robust ETL pipelines
- Experience with version control systems (we use Git)
- Experience in at least one of our BI platforms (Looker and Tableau)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with data scientists and software engineers, as well as with non-technical business users
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Spark
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.