Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to unlock the potential of our data. The Data Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and scaling robust data pipelines while acting as a significant resource for our backend teams.
At Cedar, we know it’s critical to make sense of the vast amount of data we have available in order to help achieve our company’s vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making - both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
- Write code to maintain and improve scalable data pipelines
- Interface with engineers, data scientists, product managers and business development teams to understand Cedar’s data needs
- Designing and implementing data structures for analytics and data science.
- Maintain experiment infrastructure and implement new A/B tests
- Implement machine learning models into production
- Code review analytics and data science queries
- Implement systems that track data quality and consistency
- Help implement and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in maintaining and scaling data pipelines and writing SQL statements
- Experience with Python, Django, SQLAlchemy, relational databases
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans to internal teams
- Demonstrate a passion for breaking down and understanding complex systems and data structures
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Experience with visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund