At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data team and help us improve and maintain our Data Warehouse. If you like to work with billions of rows of data and be at the center of data-driven decisions, we’ll love working with you.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have experience dealing with data at scale, processing and transforming hundreds of millions of data points per day.
- You have first-rate SQL skills, but you are aware of its limits. You know when to use it, and when it’s better to find a different solution.
- You are familiar with ETL tools and problems. We use Airflow, Redshift, Glue, and many other systems.
- You’re used to work alongside data analysts and data scientists to help them prepare complex datasets that can be used to solve difficult problems.