Greater NYC Area
Spruce is looking for a Data Engineer to join the Data Science team in NYC. The Data Engineer will develop new digital capability for new title underwriting automation and data science tools in the real estate industry. You will have initiative, innovation and good judgment in a dynamic startup environment.
- Build efficient codes to extract data and documents from various sources
- Build OCR and NLP pipeline to retrieve data from unstructured data
- Build standard reports from extracted data per business requirement
- Conduct unit testing and document the finalized code set
- Assist production implementation in set up infrastructure and automated processes
You will possess strong social and interpersonal skills and be able to seamlessly collaborate with other members of the team and across functions. You will demonstrate attention to detail, organization, and work, including driving projects to completion in accordance with established timelines.
This position will work with the Director, Data Science and will locate in midtown Manhattan.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields is required, computer science degree preferred
- Have two years of Java, Python, and SQL database programming experience. The Python experience should include web scraper development
- Have one year of natural language processing work or research experience
- Unix, OCR, MongoDB, GCP experience are a plus
- Knowledge of insurance industry and statistics is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver; able to self-initiate and thrive in a results-oriented environment; positive attitude
- Ability to convey sense of urgency and to work productively and cooperatively with team members
Read Full Job Description