When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We are seeking a Data Engineer who can operate within our engineering organization and help take our data strategy to the next level. The Data Engineer will be able to design, code and provide architecture solutions for the team, including but not limited to ETL, data warehousing, and data integration. The right candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about technology and interacting with product owners, thrives in ambiguity, and is focused on delivering exceptional results with great teamwork skills in a scrappy, startup environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to influence and interact with fellow engineers beyond their team.
- Design and development of ETL and data pipeline solutions for complex business problems to load Data Warehouse.
- Data Stewardship - own or support the data definitions and lineage across our organization.
- Create a data integration plan and build data integrations between systems.
- Figure out the best way to share information and build the tech needed to execute.
- Mentoring - help teach other team members about data architecture and also be a consultant for developers who need help with data.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments like RDS, MySQL, Python, Pyspark, Airtable, Talend.
- Experience developing, deploying, and testing in AWS.
Here at Rocketrip, we...
- Are in growth mode where all work has impact.
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental and optical.
- Give all employees free membership to One Medical.
- Provide access to a 401k plan and offer matching.
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy.
- Encourage employees to spend the holidays exploring, relaxing, or with loved ones by closing our offices during the last week of December.
- Regularly huddle up as a company to share goals, learnings and celebrate!
- Have a dog-friendly office.
- Provide access to gym membership and Citibike discounts.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee and employer experiences, and decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including Google Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.