Data Engineer at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, Lufthansa and Vodafone rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
We are growing our global analytics team! Our global analytics team uses our own software to generate a standard set of analytics for the whole company to use and dives into our own business processes to make our company more efficient and our processes superfluid.
As a data engineer in the global analytics team you lay the data foundation for both data driven decisions and initiatives to turn our own processes into extraordinary experiences. In this role, you build up data structures and identify the best strategy for the data collection to gather all relevant information.
This is an exciting journey to build the foundation of global analytics at Celonis, from analytics used for data-driven decision making to turning our own processes into extraordinary experiences.
- Be part of an innovative team that drives our Celonis on Celonis initiative and uses our software to dive into our business processes to determine root causes, quantify potential, and establish and drive improvement initiatives that make our business more efficient
- You set up and maintain data structures that will be the basis of the analyses and work together closely with the business analysts to generate the standard set of/canonical analytics that serve as a single source of truth for business performance measurement as well as data driven decision making
- You are responsible for setting data dictionary and maintaining data governance on the created structure
- You identify the best possible strategy for data collection, ensure the data quality, and work together with the stakeholders responsible for the data input to ensure we can correctly measure and track all necessary information
- Collaborate with IT system experts to ensure the IT systems are set up correctly to gather all relevant information and support the most effective data structures
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science and data modelling
- You have worked with data from cloud software like Salesforce, Workday, or Zuora
- You have a proven track record in using SQL and Python
- You are a team player and are able to communicate data structural concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have strong analytical skills and have an affinity with business concepts
- You have a completed degree (MSc/BSc) in computer science
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.