Data Engineer at Urbint
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
At Urbint, you will collaborate within a cross functional team of other software engineers, product designers, machine learning engineers and product managers to architect, create and maintain custom data pipelines, data lake(s) and a data warehouse to feed our customer facing applications and internal experimentation and modeling teams. Our data sources range from large, high security enterprise databases and storage services hosted by our customers to disparate open data from government organizations to proprietary third party aggregators and auditability and security are very important to their results. You will be working to solve direct customer needs and finding common abstractions to apply and guide the future of information at data driven organization.Requirements
- 0-2 years Python experience
- Working experience with SQL, preferably in Postgres
- Experience with Kubernetes or Airflow a plus
- Excited to build data pipelines connecting new customer sources
- Interested in optimizing backends, including job pipelines and database queries
- Comfortable talking with customers and internal team members to identify integration methods
- Embrace working with ambiguous requirements
- A proactive mindset that drives you to pursue solutions rather than waiting for the answers to come to you
- Attention to detail in work and ability to identify ambiguities in specifications.
- Flexibility to work and maintain focus in an evolving environment. Ability to let go of previous projects and move on to new ones or to dig deeper into existing projects and grow them depending on the business needs.