Data Engineer at Rhino
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Data Engineer at Rhino, you will build data infrastructure to enable data driven decision making for the whole company. You will be partnering with Data Science, Business Intelligence and business stakeholders to build tools, data models and pipelines to empower teams to access and use data in an effective and scalable way.
This role reports to a Data Engineering Manager.In this role you will:
- Build scalable data pipelines and API integrations to support continuing increase in data volume and complexity.
- Design and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Create data tools for data science and BI teams to assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Develop data models to power analyses and reporting by a variety of teams such as Finance, Operations and Sales.
- Participate in code reviews, standups, and planning sessions, while listening to feedback and commenting on others’ approaches.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data Science and BI teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- 1+ years of professional experience in data engineering
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL
- Interest in learning cutting edge technologies such as serverless computing and distributed systems.
- Someone who is excited to problem solve and quickly ship features in a collaborative, rigorous, and fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Experience with building ETL pipelines, data warehousing and data modeling.
- Experience or interest in working with Data Science, Analytics or business stakeholders.
- Experience with Airflow and Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.