Data Engineer at Cedar
Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
Cedar is growing rapidly and data is at the core of everything we do! We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making, both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
As the scale of the data that we collect has grown, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join us in establishing a data engineering center of excellence at Cedar! This individual will work closely with our Data Science team, responsible for building, testing, and maintaining robust and scalable data pipelines for analytics and machine learning models. This is a great opportunity to work in a non-siloed, collaborative meritocracy on challenging problems with other scientists and engineers.
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
- Build and optimize the process of analytics aggregations and experimentation data pipelines
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, product managers and business development teams to understand data needs and transform these into usable data products.
- Partner with Analytics to systematize and scale high-integrity value-oriented analysis.
- Partner with other engineering teams to guide refactors of existing data infrastructure to improve data quality and features.
- Identify and resolve issues that may negatively impact data product timelines or quality. Troubleshoot transformations for data consistency and integrity.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in designing, building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Experience working with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL, or MySQL
- Experience with Python and ORM tools such as SQL Alchemy
- Solid understanding of data warehouse
- Demonstrates a passion for breaking down and understanding complex systems and data structures
- A great teammate with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Encompass Cedar’s core values: mission driven, no mediocrity, use good judgement, positivity
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
Prefered Skills and Experiences
- Experience with AWS data services/tools such as Redshift, S3, Athena, Glue is preferred.
- Experience with data warehouse or data lake solutions such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark is preferred
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Data Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa