As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
Lead Data Engineer - Full Time Permanent Employee - 100% Remote - HQ NYC, NY, United States
Our Data Engineering team is focused on large-scale data projects, integrating numerous sources with our real-time streaming analytics platform. Knotch’s product integrates data from various sources around the internet. To take our data practices to the next level, we’re looking for a Data Engineering Lead/Manager to come on board and manage our entire Data Engineering department! If you joined, you would manage the engineers themselves and help guide them to fully realizing Knotch’s content intelligence platform through ETL/ELT processes and state-of-the-art Spark transformations. Knotch’s data products rely on the work from this team, so you’ll be helping the company’s MarTech products operate at their true potential.
As a senior data engineer / lead, you will work closely with your data engineers and related engineering/product teams and report directly to our Data Architect, Shane Jiang.
How you’ll add value at Knotch:
- Design, build and launch new ETL/ELT processes that transform raw data into a format usable by downstream applications that serve both analytical and operational use cases
- Perform code review, provide valuable and actionable feedback to peers
- Ensure on-time delivery of data pipeline solutions that meet Knotch’s product needs
- Design and execute data pipeline projects in conjunction with Data Architect and other engineering function leaders
- Coach, manage, and mentor your team to learn and grow into future engineering leaders
- Foster a culture of “what is possible” than “why is it not possible,” building trust with your peers and motivating them to be creative and thoughtful in their approach
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Have 5+ years of Data Engineering experience, with at least one (1) year of leadership experience
- Bring excellent knowledge on SQL, relational databases, and data modeling
- Deeply understand custom ETL/ELT design, implementation, and maintenance
- Have hands-on experience managing an AWS environment utilizing server-less event-driven services
- Are highly proficient in Python and Apache Spark
- Are familiar with Apache Airflow
- Possess knowledge of AWS cloud services, including Lambda, Redshift, EKS and SNQ/SQS, etc.
- Have a demonstrated track record as a leader to be able to manage deliverables, hold team members accountable, and bring projects through deployment
- Have an innate passion for technology, learning, sharing, and finding the best solutions
We also appreciate (but don’t require):
- Business Intelligence experience and Superset
- Proficiency with Grafana, Loki & Prometheus stack experience
- Data science experience; creating algorithms or working closely with data scientists on engineering teams
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.