Data Engineering Manager at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager who can provide leadership for our enterprise and branded channel data team. Your team owns data pipelines and data warehousing solutions to deliver data insights to both internal and external users. You’ll wear a lot of hats - people management, influencing product vision, architecture, design, roadmap, and capacity planning, and most importantly - getting things done. At Grubhub we use data to chase the highest impactful services and features to build, and this team is no exception. You’ll do all this while maintaining the highest levels of Engineering Excellence for your team.
The Impact You Will Make
- Manage a team of data engineers - hold 1-on-1s, bi-annual performance reviews, and be responsible for their career progression
- Build cross-functional relationships with stakeholders, product owners, other technologists, and users to create data systems based on a holistic understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Manage data warehousing plans across a product vertical. Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Manage tech debt and engineering roadmap for the team.
- Facilitate team's agile operations by overseeing sprints and managing the team backlog.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- 6+ years of experience in data engineering, BI and Data Warehousing.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of managing a team of engineers (direct reports) and provides mentorship and career growth coaching in a formal setting
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Hands-on experience to build data pipelines and data systems, able to code in SQL and Python
- Experience with Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Familiarity with open source big data frameworks such as Spark, Hive, and Presto
- Experience with AWS and Cloud Infrastructure
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]