Data Engineering Manager at Angi (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Data Engineering to help manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to further enable science and analytics, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. In this role you will split your time between hands on development and managerial activities. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the organization. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with business, science, as well as software development teams. You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our offering in order to scale our capability set with the growth of the business and needs of our customers.
What you'll do
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring an innovative team of Data Engineers – growing people as you grow our business and technology
- Helping us establish a diverse and inclusive organization based upon safety and contribution while supporting your peers and the teams they support
- Fostering a positive, supportive, and a lively work environment while providing opportunity for team members to tackle new roles and take on new responsibilities
- Owning the ins and outs of a system that is constantly growing and evolving while ensuring the quality of our products and the business continuity of our systems
- Learning about new ways to build amazing software, systems and people by actively participating in a culture of Collaboration, Innovation, Delivery, and Caring
- Growing as a leader and a technologist through coaching and feedback from your leaders and peers while helping us reimagine and improve our culture, our practices, and our future
- Partnering with passionate counterparts to deliver awesomeness and continuously evaluate the best way to deliver short-term and long-term solutions
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have experience in:
- Building People and Teams: Servant leadership, empowered teams, collaborative work practices
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- 5+ Years of experience with database platforms such as Snowflake with demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ELT development, and data warehousing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using Big Data technologies (Snowflake, Hive, Spark, dbt, etc.)
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Experience with hardware provisioning, forecasting hardware usage, and managing to a budget
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $130,000 to $230,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world