Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
As a Data Engineering Manager you will be responsible for enhancing our data infrastructure, guiding team members in solving our technical hurdles and providing career development guidance. You will also be an active contributor in the ongoing development of our platform. Stash is a data-driven organization and data infrastructure is a critical part of our overall infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to make an impact in the companies’ OKRs by coordinating with product, data science, and marketing teams by aligning with their data needs. We have built a scalable data platform, but need more team members and leadership in expanding its impact to the company’s growth. We work with the latest technologies in the big data space and are seeking folks who would like to do the same.
Our Tech Stack:
Spark, Scala, Python, Kafka, AWS EMR, Hive, Redshift, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, Looker, DyanmoDB, CircleCI, Terraform. We always strive to choose the best tools for the job!
What you'll do:
- Lead the technical decision surrounding the design and deployment of a scalable data infrastructure
- Partner with product/data science/marketing in understanding the business needs and translating those into technical solutions
- Drive data solutions and features that will impact business decisions and our product road map
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and deployment to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Optimize data access and consumption for our business and product colleagues
- Lead a team of passionate data engineers
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional working in data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- You have built large-scale data products and understand the tradeoffs made when building these features
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have an excellent knowledge of distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce, Spark.
- You have a strong knowledge of following AWS infrastructure - EMR, S3, Redshift
- You have strong understanding of data quality, governance
- Experience with leading / managing a team
- You are a self-driven, highly motivated individual who loves to learn new things
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Machine Learning infrastructure
- Experience in Search Engines
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.