Data Feeds Engineer at Addepar
Addepar is making a huge swath of private wealth management more transparent and more efficient. We’re building a suite of robust, powerful financial applications atop our core product that unifies hundreds of investment portfolio data sources and reference data providers. Not only are the technical challenges we solve at Addepar complex, they’re also globally important.
A core part of Addepar’s business relies on us being able to quickly and correctly ingest data from a variety of sources, including 3rd party data providers, custodial banks, data APIs, and even direct user input. The software engineers on the data feeds engineering team help build and maintain the transformation and cleaning steps of our ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipeline before it can be stored and accessed by our customers in a standardized fashion. As a software engineer on this team, you’ll be building components within the ETL pipeline that automate these cleaning and transformation steps. As you gain more experience, you’ll contribute to increasingly challenging engineering projects within our broader data infrastructure.
This is a crucial, highly visible role within the company. Your team is a big component of growing and serving Addepar’s client base with minimal manual data cleaning effort required from our clients or from our internal data operations team.
- Write code and design pipeline architecture.
- Build pipelines that support the ingestion, analysis, and enrichment of financial data.
- Improve the existing pipeline to increase the throughput and accuracy of data.
- Identify areas of automation opportunities and implement improvements.
- Work with data analysts to map general financial concepts to our internal data models in a repeatable and precise fashion.
- Understand data models and schemas, and work with other engineering staff to recommend extensions and changes.
- Use investigative tools and database queries to automatically flag irreconcilable data within our production datasets.
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming (we use Java)
- Knowledge of SQL or relational database concepts
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Interest in data modeling, visualization, and ETL pipelines
- Knowledge of financial concepts (e.g., stocks, bonds, etc.) is encouraged but not necessary