WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
You will help establish Braze’s Data Governance team. Reporting into the head of Data & Analytics, you will help define and implement the division’s security strategy, data architecture standards, and quality assurance processes and controls. The team will help lead efforts to establish a single source of truth. You’ll work closely with stakeholders within the Data & Analytics division to develop workflows for success between the Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and Data Governance teams. You’ll work with cutting edge platforms like Looker, Fivetran, DBT, and Snowflake to collect and expose insights. You’ll ensure that systems remain secure, while also being designed in a way that facilitates ease of use and quick answers.
WHO YOU ARE
- Manage and maintain Braze’s Data Dictionary
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Analysts, Product Managers, Engineers, and software owners to align definitions to ensure a single source of truth
- Partner with Compliance staff to identify and remediate data vulnerabilities
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and audit RBAC matrices on all systems owned by the Data & Analytics division
- Create and manage data quality monitoring reports and alerts along with the establishment of key data management metrics.
- Ensure data and report quality issues are tracked and assigned appropriately
- Establish data architecture requirements, and work closely with Data Engineering to implement requirements as well as masking policies
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics, data science, data architecture
- 4+ years of experience in data governance, data management, data ethics, or data privacy compliance
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables
- Experience in drafting of frameworks or policies to minimize business risk or regulatory exposure
- Familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, Looker
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal presentations
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot complex issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate the change across the organization
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.