Data Governance Specialist at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Data Governance Specialist
Gemini is looking a highly proactive individual with proven talent in capturing, understanding, and documenting Data Governance policies, standards, regulatory obligations, and contractual commitments. In this role, you will assist in developing metadata standards to ensure accuracy and consistency, creating Data Governance and Data Quality KPIs, documenting workflow and lineage to determine change impact. You will also control Data Governance project scope, goals and objectives and assist in building and maintaining centralized data inventories, dictionaries, sensitivity ratings, criticality frameworks, and data flows as it relates to Data Governance.
A successful candidate will also take a hands-on approach to collaborating across analysts and business professionals and work alongside the team lead to assure that Gemini’s internal Data Governance standards align with regulatory requirements and security framework. This individual will work with other internal teams to align data governance goals and objectives with business stakeholders.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York, NY, and will report to the Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance Lead.
- Customize data governance policies and procedures for guiding various data management processes, including data security and privacy, data quality control and data dissemination activities
- Ensure policies are in alignment with the Governance framework of protecting sensitive data
- Enforcement of legal, contractual, regulatory, and architectural compliance requirements
- Identification of data stewards roles and responsibilities and collaborate across all data stewards to gain their support for the defined policies
- Determine data sharing strategy across organization
- Create and maintain Data Governance framework, process documentation, and data governance policies
- Work with all content domains to establish road maps toward desired state of data governance maturity
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of information in support of the overall global business strategy
- Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise
- Partner with cross divisional Data Governance teams to ensure a consistent, best in class governance framework
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation, policies, procedures and standards
- Data governance and data management experience
- Experience in defining governance from the creation of content to its distribution for use in internal applications and external products
- Proven track record influencing diverse sets of stakeholders and driving common outcomes
- Proven competence in data transformational projects
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies or big data technologies
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Project management skills preferred
- Familiar w/ CCPA, GDPR, HIPPA, SOX, NYDFS 23 NYCRR 500, NIST, FFIEC, ISO, PCI
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.