Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Bluecore’s Data Insights team is a client facing extension of the Data Science team and has two key objectives: A) Deliver custom deep dive analyses and models to our largest enterprise clients, and B) Productize and scale the most relevant insights/models so that they can be delivered to hundreds of clients. As a member of the Insights team , your job would be to deliver actionable insights and models for our clients, with the opportunity to grow into a position to mine, explore, and analyze terabytes of behavioral data and digital marketing engagement data from over 400+ retail brands.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Insights Analyst with a strong technical background and a knack for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind data and its application to business. We are looking for candidates with fluency in SQL, along with extensive experience in any of the widely used data visualization tools. The candidate should also enjoy and appreciate creative thinking, relentlessly digging into data, and turning results into clearly communicated and compelling actionable insights or models. You’ll be working closely with the other analysts on the Data Insights team and data scientists on the Data Science team, as well as collaborating with Bluecore’s customer success and strategy teams to deliver these insights and models to our clients. You will be responsible for discovering, understanding, solving, and communicating the business problems that our brands face and working with our engineering teams to create automated solutions.
- Maintain key metrics to enhance business understanding of current performance and forecasting solutions
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of business intelligence architecture, enabling fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight
- Building visualizations and dashboards in Looker or related Business Intelligence tools
- Translate requirements gathered from Product owners into actionable Agile stories
- Assist with team strategic planning and special projects, deliver recommendations
- Ensure accuracy and integrity (quality, timeliness) of deliverables
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including 2-5 years’ experience writing queries and leveraging advanced SQL concepts & data storage structures
- Understanding or working experience leveraging big data querying platforms, Google BigQuery preferred or comparable (AWS Redshift, Hive QL, etc)
- Understanding or working experience of ETL concepts and data warehouse best practices.
- Experience with dbt a plus
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams, with the capability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies and environments
- Ability to critically think and work independently
Nice to have
- Experience with data programming languages to script, and analyze data using Python and/or R
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business intelligence, computer science, mathematics, or software development with exposure to accounting and finance.
We are proud of the culture of flexibility, inclusivity and trust that we have built around our workforce. We are a remote first organization with the option to potentially work in our New York headquarters on occasion moving forward. We love the opportunity to come together – but employees will always have the option on where they work best.
At Bluecore we believe in encouraging an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, demonstrate their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to building a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.