Bluecore is an Inc. 500 high-growth marketing technology company. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. Our Retail Performance Cloud, specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger, and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products.
Bluecore’s Data Insights and Strategy team have two key focuses - First to deliver custom deep dive analysis to our largest enterprise clients, and second to productize and scale the most relevant insights so that they can be delivered to hundreds of clients. As an Insights Analyst on the team, your job would be to mine, explore, and analyze terabytes of behavioral data and digital marketing engagement data from across 300+ retail brands to discover and deliver insights and strategy for our clients.
We’re looking for a highly motivated data analyst with a strong technical background and a knack for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind data and its application to business. We are looking for candidates with fluency in SQL, Python, and Excel, who enjoys and appreciates creative thinking, relentlessly digging into data, and turning the results into clearly communicated and compelling strategies. You’ll be working closely with the other analysts and strategists on the Insights team, as well as Bluecore’s customer success and sales teams to deliver insights to our clients. You will be responsible for discovering, solving, and communicating the business problems that our brands face and working with our engineering teams to create automated solutions.
- Build, maintain and improve custom models that help our clients solve specific retail marketing goals such as getting buyers to buy in a new category.
- Design and build KPI reports and visualizations in Excel, Jupyter Notebooks, and Looker to help make our teams and clients successful.
- Work with the analysts and strategists to help form strategies based on our insights to help our clients reach their business goals.
- Track and monitor the performance of our strategy recommendations. Provide recommendations for optimizations.
- Work with customers and internal customer success and sales teams to discover the challenges faced by our clients.
- Work with engineers to generalize and automate analysis developed on Jupyter Notebooks, Excel, and Looker using tools such as Pandas, Airflow, Google BigQuery, and CloudSQL.
- Position is located in our New York City office.
- Bachelors degree in analytical fields such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics preferred.
- 2+ years experience in business analysis, consulting, data analysis or other similarly analytical roles, preferably related with large datasets.
- Retail e-commerce analytics experience is a plus.
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with R, Python or other languages for data analysis is a must.
- Fluency in SQL and Python a must.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills for cross-team collaboration.
- Experience creating dashboards with Looker, Periscope, and other similar data visualization tools required.
- Knowledge of statistics a plus.
- Amazing team environment recognized by Glassdoor and other culture assessment companies. Certified great places to work by the Great Place to Work Institute
- Come work with passionate, energetic, curious people solving customer problems
- Competitive compensation package including salary and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity in a rapidly growing, early-stage Inc. 500 marketing technology growth company
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation stipend
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.