Data Intelligence, Fraud Operations Manager
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
The Data Intel team is responsible for surfacing useful insights from the terabytes of data we amass every day. We value ethics, experimentation, efficiency, and education. We are looking for someone who will compliment the team to accelerate the development and delivery of data intelligence.
What you'll do:
- Recognize exceptional talent and hire a top tier Fraud Operations team consisting of operational Data Scientists within the first 3 months of hire
- Identify impactful detection leads that increase velocity from time of threat identification to implementation of detection and blocking in White Ops products
- Deploy stop-gap defenses for emerging threats
- Facilitate Detection Research process responsible for triaging customer and internal inquiries about fraud efficacy
- Implement best practices and tooling that will improve the time to understand a new detection lead and process it
- Lead research for case studies and white papers on fraud patterns
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team by providing challenging work, regular feedback, and fostering an environment where everyone can do their best work as measured by employee NPS, team retrospectives and feedback
- Set project goals, facilitate success, and unblock team impediments
- Partner with Customer Success to improve our ability to communicate the impact of the White Ops product on their internet traffic
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
- Experience leading data analyst and data scientist teams responsible for operational support for products and clients
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with multi TB to PB data sets in cloud databases
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience improving processes and implementing tooling to accelerate analysis
- Python experience or exposure preferred
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work.