At Feather, our mission is to transform humanity's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. You’ll join a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers and helping people live lighter.
Feather is seeking its first Data hire to work closely with our leadership team to help drive the strategic direction of the company.
- Use analytical thinking, mathematics, and data manipulation to build models that can be used across various functions within Feather’s operations, engineering, and finance teams to make better and faster decisions
- Build scalable practices to create a solid foundation for Feather’s backend data structure
- Clearly define analytical business problems and create innovative solutions for them by facilitating the application of cutting edge techniques
- Create a foundation for a data team and build the team over time by developing KPIs for the function and job descriptions for additional data hires.
- Transform large sets of raw data into easily consumable reports and models to be read by technical and non-technical users
- 3+ years experience in a data-focused role
- Strong written and verbal communication to easily articulate findings to teams with varying degrees of experience with data analysis
- Ability to work as an individual contributor to tackle basic data needs, and context switch to use higher level thinking in team meetings and strategy planning.
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques and using platforms such as TensorFlow, Azure, R, Pandas, SparkR, etc.
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team and building something from the ground up
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Fair and transparent compensation structure
- Competitive health, vision, dental, and other ancillary benefits
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook and a high-resolution external monitor
- A stylish desk and an ergonomic chair (it's what we do, after all!)