Data Operations Engineer
Data Operation Engineer
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality and audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
Headquartered in New York City, DoubleVerify’s investors include JMI Equity, Institutional Venture Partners, Blumberg Capital, First Round Capital and Genacast Ventures. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
As a data operation engineer you will have huge impact on the quality of DoubleVerify customer success. You will become a domain expert in troubleshooting delivery issues, analyzing data discrepancies and building extensive monitors to ensure valid data is delivery on time. You will streamline processes and build automations to facilitate work of multiple departments in the company. You will own issue resolution in real time and drive communication between stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Ensure DoubleVerify meets SLA requirements for delivery of data across all delivery systems
- Troubleshoot issues in the data pipelines across DoubleVerify’s systems
- Build monitors and dashboards to facilitate client services teams with troubleshooting setup and data integrity issues.
- Understand the business model, DoubleVerify’s product funnel, client activation and campaign lifecycle.
- Utilize various tools to analyze Ad impression data to detect anomalies, bugs and trends in the data.
- Write and optimize SQL to provide custom ad hoc reports. Understand the data model as well as the business logic
- Collaborate with system DBAs on database performance issues across our systems
- Perform time critical operations on production data such as pulling data feeds and transferring data between systems.
- Automate data extraction, backup, transformation and other various processes.
- Streamline processes that facilitate account management’s ability to serve clients better
- Manage communication and operation of system issues in real time.
Who you are
- 1-2 years of professional advanced SQL and database development skills a must.
- Experience with Vertica, understanding of columnar databases, projections and partitions a plus.
- Very good grasp of complex software systems, infrastructures and concepts
- Analytical data driven approach to finding solutions
- Very good interpersonal communications
- Good knowledge of operating systems including linux
- Good knowledge of programming principles