COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Data Operations Lead
LOCATION: New York/Remote
If you love project management and enthusiastically utilizing data to inform and take charge of complex processes, then we’re looking for you! As the Data Operations Lead, you’ll be directing the team collaborating alongside the Client Success & Product groups to streamline critical processes aimed at ensuring clean, quality data sets.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and manage teammates in various locations to ensure client onboarding completion and strategic product initiatives, including the expansion of Canoe’s market leading machine learning based data extraction.
- Lead efforts to design, document, test, measure and execute on both improvements to existing and creation of new processes intended to enhance efficiency and consistency of recurring data efforts within the Client Success & Product organizations.
- Establish, own, and execute on timing and quality of project results in the form of internal Service Level Agreements (“SLAs”) related to Canoe Intelligence’s Collective Intelligence program.
- Create excellent recurring regular reporting aimed at providing process/project status updates including timing, capacity, milestones, etc to various internal stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For:
- Track record of creating processes aimed at streamlining team project execution and workflow management
- Experience directing and managing teammates working in various locations and time zones
- History of producing detailed checklists, process flowcharts, documentation and guides that can be easily understood across teams in order to drive consistency of outcomes
- Comfort dealing with large data sets, data modeling, data structuring; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of alternative investments
- Familiarity with business intelligence tooling & reporting, including SQL & PowerBI
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Manager, or Junior Product Manager focused on data automation/best practice
- Experience scaling manual processes in an ultra-high growth environment
What You’ll Get:
- Ability to have direct impact as a key member of the Client Success leadership team
- Access to benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and commuter benefits
- 20 days PTO, Unlimited Sick Days, + Gym & Wellness Reimbursement
- Option to be 100% remote
- One Floating Holiday Annually (Up to Employee Discretion)
What’s The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s), Video Interview(s), Review of Work Product, and Small Project.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success
- Dedication to creating space for diverse backgrounds and perspectives to foster innovation & focus on intentional inclusivity
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.