Procore’s Platform Experience Team is looking for a Platform Architect to build a data platform that enables product and business teams to move faster and achieve greater results. This role is a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of the data platform at Procore.
As a Platform Architect, you’ll use your expert-level technical skills to craft innovative solutions while influencing and mentoring other senior technical leaders. To be successful in this role, you’re passionate about distributed systems, including caching, streaming, and indexing technologies on the cloud, with a strong bias for action and outcomes. If you’re an inspirational leader comfortable translating vague problems into pragmatic solutions that open up the boundaries of technical possibilities—we’d love to hear from you!
This position reports to the VP of Engineering and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build the next generation data platform for the construction Industry
- Actively participate with our engineering team in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support
- Contribute to setting standards and development principles across multiple teams and the larger organization
- Stay connected with other architectural initiatives and craft a data platform architecture that supports and drives our overall platform
- Liaise with peer teams and architects within and outside Data Platform to define technical interfaces for system dependencies
- Provide technical leadership to efforts around building a robust and scalable data pipeline to support billions of events
- Help identify and propose solutions for technical and organizational gaps in our data pipeline by running proof of concepts and experiments working with Data Platform Engineers on implementation
- Work alongside our Product, UX, and IT teams, leveraging your experience and expertise in the data space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our tools
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience building and operating cloud-based, highly available, and scalable online serving or streaming systems utilizing large, diverse data sets in production
- Expertise with diverse DB technologies like PostgreSQL, GraphDB, NoSQL DB, Snowflake, etc.
- Strength in the majority of commonly used data technologies and languages such as Python, Java or Scala, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Splunk, Datadog, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or similar
- Expertise with all aspects of data systems, including ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization, and technology trade-off
- Understanding of data access patterns, streaming technology, data validation, data modeling, data performance, cost optimization
- Experience defining data engineering/architecture best practices at a department and organizational level and establishing standards for operational excellence and code and data quality at a multi-project level
- Current on new industry trends (e.g., DS, ML, Data Engineering) and designs solutions for complex systems to meet ambiguous business needs
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.