Data Platform Engineer
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
We work on unique questions at the intersection of tech, reverse logistics and the sharing economy and are obsessed with improving our customer experience every day. Finding solutions often requires pushing the boundaries of data science and finding novel and creative solutions. This is where we hope you come in.
About the Role:
Data platform engineers at Rent the Runway design and implement core components of our data platform. You will work collaboratively with the data science and analytics teams to ship scalable tools that dramatically enhance their productivity and impact on the business. You will iterate on our platform for machine learning model training, build a framework for scheduling and execution of large batch compute jobs, implement continuous monitoring, automate the deployment of python services as first-class citizens in a microservice architecture, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a team of peers in an environment that will keep you constantly challenged and learning new things every day.
- Develop and deploy data platform tools that enable our data science and analytics teams to move faster and build better products.
- Collaborate closely in an equal partnership with our data science, dev ops, and engineering teams.
- Have a significant voice both in what you work on and how the work is carried out.
- Experience building data platform tools with python in collaboration with data science or machine learning teams.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or GCP. Prior experience with Airflow is a plus.
- Passion for building stable, scalable, and secure infrastructure.
- Great communication skills.