Data Platform Engineer
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
We work on unique questions at the intersection of tech, reverse logistics and the sharing economy and are obsessed with improving our customer experience every day. Finding solutions often requires pushing the boundaries of data science and finding novel and creative solutions. This is where we hope you come in.
About the Role:
Data platform engineers at Rent the Runway design and implement core components of our data platform. You will work collaboratively with the data science and analytics teams to ship scalable tools that dramatically enhance their productivity and impact on the business. You will iterate on our platform for machine learning model training, build a framework for scheduling and execution of large batch compute jobs, implement continuous monitoring, automate the deployment of python services as first-class citizens in a microservice architecture, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a team of peers in an environment that will keep you constantly challenged and learning new things every day.
- Develop and deploy data platform tools that enable our data science and analytics teams to move faster and build better products.
- Collaborate closely in an equal partnership with our data science, dev ops, and engineering teams.
- Have a significant voice both in what you work on and how the work is carried out.
- Experience building data platform tools with python in collaboration with data science or machine learning teams.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or GCP. Prior experience with Airflow is a plus.
- Passion for building stable, scalable, and secure infrastructure.
- Great communication skills.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need