Data Protection Manager at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Data Protection Manager to help build Procore’s global data protection program and standardize data privacy compliance. By collaborating across business functions and product teams, you’ll help implement data protection and privacy requirements, develop privacy assessments, and promote awareness of global data protection and privacy frameworks, including GDPR and CPRA. In this critical role, you’ll help build and manage the company-wide data inventory, a document retention program, and the overall privacy and data protection compliance for Procore globally.
This role reports to our Assistant General Counsel, Global Privacy and Product, located in the US. You have the opportunity to work remotely from any US or Canada location or flexibly from our US or CA offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our Product and Technology, IT, and other business teams to document existing and planned data collection processes and data flows; documenting data inventory and related processes
- Assist with conducting privacy reviews and risk assessments for new and existing products and business processes, and work with relevant teams to identify privacy impact mitigation strategies
- Assist with updating, implementing, and facilitating the company’s document retention program
- Document and maintain records regarding privacy reviews, risk assessments, controls, and other program components
- Track key performance indicators and other metrics to evaluate the effectiveness, growth, and value of the data protection and privacy program over time
- Assist with conducting privacy gap analyses against the company’s privacy framework to identify opportunities to enhance organizational privacy protections
- Assist with the review of data privacy and protection related clauses in contracts and data protection agreements as well as maintaining internal and external facing privacy-related policies
- Assist with preparing and delivering data protection and privacy program training materials and documentation
- Evangelize data protection and privacy principles to achieve better privacy by design integration in the product development lifecycles
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or related field is preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working with data inventory documentation and records retention management, including privacy impact assessments and data mapping (ideally at a SaaS or other technology company)
- 2+ years of experience implementing and managing records retention program
- Strong working knowledge of US, UK, and EU data protection regimes and legislation (including GDPR and CPRA)
- CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, or related certification a plus
- Experience with OneTrust a strong plus
- Be detail-oriented, organized, proactive, efficient, and resourceful with exceptional follow-through skills
- Have a genuine interest and ability to effectively connect and engage with all levels of employees and management, including senior management, in a manner that builds, maintains, and enhances trust and positive working relationships
Full job brief: https://bit.ly/34yNEXI
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.