Data Reporting Engineer, Data Products at Flatiron Health
We are looking for a Data Reporting Engineer to join the Data Products initiative team at Flatiron. The team is laying the foundation for an analytics platform built on top of our EMR products in order to unlock an avenue to solve interesting, impactful, and meaty data problems in the future.
Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you’ll do
As a Data Reporting Engineer, you will be working directly with our OncoEMR customers to enable better decision-making that eventually leads to better care for their patients. You will support their data needs by building reports and dashboards with real-time clinical data, and partner closely with our platform software engineers to improve the data infrastructure that powers the clinical analytics.
Our ideal candidate is fluent in SQL, excited to learn about the cancer patient journey and how community oncology practices operate, and is proactive in collaborating with engineering to build features that allow clients to access the information directly.
- Write SQL queries to generate customer-facing dashboards and reports for our customers at community oncology clinics based on their use cases
- Analyze common reporting requests, and work with engineering teams to develop features based on these reports
- Collaborate with customers and gather feedback to prototype new reporting initiatives
- Work with cross-functional teams to ideate and support operational improvements for our clinical analytics platform
Who you are
- You have very strong SQL development skills (we use SQL Server but are open to candidates coming from other SQL environments)
- You love working with engineering teams to develop reporting and dashboard features based on common requests
- You can effectively communicate with clients to gather requirements for report writing
- You are flexible and have exceptional analytical problem-solving skills
- You have experience visualizing data in BI tools like Tableau or Looker based on stakeholder/customer needs.
- You have experience with:
- Database performance and interpretation of query execution plans
- Business Intelligence frameworks (SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus)
- Database scripting (T-SQL) and Extract, Transform and Load processes
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Healthcare industry knowledge/context (especially oncology specific knowledge)
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, C# and .Net
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.