We’re looking for a Data Reporting Engineer to join the Data Products initiative team at Flatiron. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will be a data expert for OncoEMR, Flatiron’s electronic health platform. You will work directly with customers to enable data-driven decision making at hundreds of community cancer clinics across the country, leading to better care for their patients. You will help design and build a next-generation analytics platform to simplify analysis and unlock impactful insights in the future. In addition, you’ll also:
- Write and edit custom SQL queries to generate customer-facing dashboards and reports for community oncology clinics designed to meet their clinical and operational needs
- Analyze reporting requests to develop solutions addressing common needs across oncology practices
- Build and maintain data pipelines that power parts of our analytics product
- Collaborate with customers and synthesize feedback to design and prototype new reporting products
- Work with platform software engineers to improve the data infrastructure that powers clinical analytics
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with customer-facing teams and continually enhance team efficiency
Who you are
You are an analytical problem solver who is fluent in SQL and has experience building data reports and visualizations. You are excited to learn about the cancer patient journey and how community oncology practices operate. You communicate effectively and empathetically with clients to understand the problem they are solving, gather requirements, and design and build an analytic solution.
- You have experience with:
- Database performance and interpretation of query execution plans
- Database scripting and Extract, Transform and Load processes
- You are organized with strong prioritization and communication skills
- You love working with engineering teams to develop analytics content that complements new application features and workflows
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment
- You have healthcare industry knowledge/context (especially oncology-specific knowledge)
- You have experience with T-SQL and building reports in SQL Server Reporting Services
- You have experience visualizing data in Looker dashboards
- You have experience working with Visual Studio, C#, .Net, python, or spark
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.