We’re looking for a Data Reporting Engineer to join our Spotlight team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What you’ll do
In this role, you will join a team of Data Reporting Engineers which curates custom real-world evidence datasets to empower our life science partners to deliver better cancer treatments - deliver them faster, and develop them more cost effectively than existing alternatives. You will be responsible for technical execution of dataset curation, writing SQL and Python in a proprietary Extract Transform and Load (ETL) framework.
You’ll work to dig into data nuances working closely with cross functional team members like Research Oncologists and Quantitative Scientists to help develop new data variables. In addition, you’ll also:
- Help define business logic rules, using SQL and Python to turn those rules into derived data variables
- Write automated SQL checks to ensure data quality and integrity
- Integrate and link new data sources, work with upstream Flatiron teams on data requirements and quality thresholds
- Identify common needs across dataset requests, and move shared logic into templatized ETL code
- Own and improve the library of templatized ETL pipeline code
- Become an expert in our data models
You’re fluent in SQL, experienced working with complex datasets, excited to learn about the cancer patient journey, and are proactive in collaborating with cross-functional teammates and/or stakeholders. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have used SQLite and PostgreSQL and/or are familiar with another SQL environment
- You communicate effectively and empathetically with cross-functional stakeholders
- You are flexible and have exceptional problem-solving skills
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment
- You have experience working with ETL frameworks
- You have experience working with Python
- You have healthcare industry knowledge/context (especially oncology specific knowledge)
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Internal mobility via an internal job board
- Opportunities to contribute to Flatiron open-source initiatives
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.