Data Science Associate at Via
As a Data Science Associate, you’ll analyze large proprietary datasets to generate novel business insights and help drive Via’s business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Develop new measurement methodologies and data-driven hypotheses; question existing assumptions and models
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, and present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
Who You Are
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a top-tier university (math, economics, statistics and/or computer science is preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Have 1+ years of experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment. Exceptional recent graduates will also be considered.
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
- Obsessed with data, very strong quantitative and analytical muscle
- Passionate about data visualization, can find the best way to distill large amounts of data into a neat visual representation
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- Self-directed, with a bias for action and data-based decision making
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing, editing and visualization skills
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with the transportation industry is a plus
- Prior role at a startup or similar high-growth environment
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.