Data Science Associate
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Data Science Associate, you’ll analyze large proprietary datasets to generate novel business insights and help drive Via’s business decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new measurement methodologies and data-driven hypotheses; question existing assumptions and models
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, and present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Obsessed with data, very strong quantitative and analytical muscle
- Passionate about data visualization, can find the best way to distill large amounts of data into a neat visual representation
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- Self-directed, with a bias for action and data-based decision making
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing, editing and visualization skills
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or a Masters Degree from a top-tier university (math, economics, statistics and/or computer science is preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0)
- Have 1+ years of experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment. Exceptional recent graduates will also be considered.
- Proficient in Tableau and SQL. Python and/or R - a bonus
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.