Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
Data Science at Ocrolus
Ocrolus is a business that is built around data. Understanding our data and unlocking its value is central to our continued growth and success. Our Data Science team is focused on adding value to Ocrolus’ product line using predictive modeling and other forms of domain specific analysis. (Our customers include lenders and other financial entities.) This is a huge opportunity to support our company mission, and we are excited to talk to talk to candidates with a range of interesting backgrounds! We value technical and scientific rigor, as well as strategic engagement, and cultivating a bias toward action. Every member of our Data Science Team has interesting problems they are working on.
- Lead a team of Data Scientists working on problems that impact the company’s bottom line.
- Recruit, enable and mentor talented DS professionals.
- Level up our Data Science practice: Influence the company to handle data strategically, and ensure members of the Data Science team set and achieve a high standard for their work.
- Build and analyze predictive models: Set up a productive feedback loop with product, data and tech that allows for the discovery, production and delivery of predictive models and other data assets.
- Be an expert in domain specific practices such as; credit risk modeling, transaction classification, benchmarking & analysis of ML models, and optimizing our data annotation operation.
- Blend R&D work with product development; Translate open ended problems into new features and products that add value to the company
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making across engineering, operations, and sales teams.
- Influence executives and other stakeholders to value and make use of data.
- 5+ years working in Data Science: We are interested in talking to candidates with varied domain specific experiences within Data Science.
- Experience managing a team, or other demonstrated “on the job” leadership
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Sciences, or similar.
- Demonstrated skills in predictive modeling and machine learning. Preferably in a domain relevant to Ocrolus core business line.
- Technical competencies; R, Python, SQL, Cloud Technologies. Able to steward end to end data science projects.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills. We expect all our data analysts to engage with their business domain strategically. Every member of the team does work that is visible to a wide audience.
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.