Data Science Manager, Data Products
We are looking for a seasoned data science leader to head-up the data products initiative to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you will do
In this role, you will significantly increase Flatiron’s ability to provide actionable insights to physicians and oncology practice staff members, leading to client retention via value generation. You will also be able to drive business strategy and help accelerate engineering velocity and will report to the VP of Data Insights Engineering.
The team is laying the foundation for an analytics platform built on top of our EMR products in order to unlock an avenue to solve interesting, impactful, and meaty data problems in the future. As the data science lead, you will work with cross-functional leads to design solutions in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space with a high degree of autonomy. We are in the process of reviewing and redesigning our existing suite of data products, and expect the team to make significant progress on building out a new technical solution and gain both internal and beta client’s buy-in. This is one of the most high-priority projects for our provider business, and you will have a lot of opportunities to interact with senior stakeholders across the company. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage a team of 4 data scientists on the team.
- Collaborate closely with the product manager and the software engineers on the data product initiative team.
- Be accountable for the analytical rigor of the customer-facing tools/solutions that we come up with, and will be interacting with our end customers on a regular basis.
- Technical/analytical face of organizing and governing data, and the scope of the role can increase dramatically in the foreseeable future. Externally, you will act as the face of analytics for Flatiron across our oncology provider network
Who you are
- You have a bachelor's degree in relevant fields. You have a minimum of 6 years of working experience in an analytical capacity.
- You have led big cross-functional initiatives and is excellent at influencing decision-making without authority.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of people management experience.
- You have extensive experience in evaluating technologies, interviewing customers/end users, and pitching big ideas to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in healthcare / revenue cycle management a plus
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.